Friday we did what we never did before we attended an event that was trending on Facebook for weeks on end Skirts versus Shorts. We also went against our friend???s judgement that Ali Perry???s events are often undesirable as they lack ???that thing???. We hustled Ali Perry???s numbers to ask if it would be okay to cover the event and he had no problem with that. Skirt versus Shorts was scheduled for 6 pm ??? 6 a.m. so it was that kind of a party. We made our way to the dooh at around nine and we thought we would have missed what the event was about but nah it was empty as a church on a Monday. We paid our entrance fee and elevated up to the top floor of Orion Hotel Resorts. Since we did not know anyone at the event we sat by the entrance for incoming folks, people came in slowly so we had time to notice other things around the venue.
- The event is brought to the masses by Reloaded Events Company.
- They had bouncers, which was good, people need to be protected.
- The Reloaded Events Company banner was rather skew.
- The hall where the event was held had little to zero ventilation.
- The mic was not clear or rather the speakers were not audible.
- On the other room food and drinks were on sale. Which was also good, people gotta eat and drink you know.
- People with cooler boxes were turned away by the bouncers and Ali Perry had to be called up to speak to the bouncers. We saw tensions pilling up at every time he was called up. We think the bouncers did not get the proper brief which was frustrating to Ali or vice versa.
- The music was good, it played most commercial genres.
- It seemed most people had fun but we left before midnight so we won???t know anything that transpired thereafter.
Okay that???s it from us, let???s see red carpet faces:
Pat Wolmarans was the first person we snapped.
This guy had the nicest legs his name is Keenan Adolph.
We think some people were underage but we might be wrong. From left Lehlohonolo Matsheka, Sabelo Hlomuka and Diago Detox.
Strutting his stuff, Lucky-boy Fikelepi.
Bff’s to Lucky-boy Asanda Solonsi with Yanga Dlaba.
Remember him from DMF? Kenny Ralenkoane.
The crazy duo, Farron Tomlinson and Tilo Pii.
From left: Raymond Mosoeu, Quinton Moshoew and Donald Lebubu.
Troy Kannemeyer with Onke Osca-keys.
Matching outfits: Dalton Mashia with Lulamile Kona.
From left: Thabile Mbane, Papi Kekana and Oratile Setuke.
Sipho Maseko with Sibusiso Vilakazi.
From left: Xola Navy, Lehlohonolo Matsheka and Emmanuel Phoofolo.
Closing things off with Kea Peter.
See anyone you know?
Zeeba & Team.